Coco Chanel once said, "Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory". Well, I'm pretty sure she wasn't talking about a statement necklace, because there is not one accessory piece that could brighten up a plain outfit as much as a beautiful statement necklace. Here are a few rules when accessorising with a statement necklace:
1. If you are wearing a rather eye-catching statement necklace, try to keep your earrings size to the minimal. In my opinion, stud earrings are most suitable.
2. Try to match the rest of your accessories with the color tone of your statement necklace. For example, if you have a pearl necklace, don't wear gold earrings. If you have gold necklace, don't wear silver earrings.
3. Don't use statement necklace to compliment your outfit. It's the other way around. Your statement necklace should be your main point of your outfit. In other words, if you are already wearing a colorful and dazzling outfit, leave the statement necklace at home. Remember, you should only make ONE statement with either your clothes or jewelry, choose wisely.
4. Don't wear cocktail ring when wearing a statement necklace. Or is this only my pet peeve?
5. Last but not least, complicated statement necklaces tend to make a girl's neck seem shorter. If you already have a short neck, you should choose something with a smaller and simpler pendant. If you are blessed with beautiful long neck, well, go nuts 'cuz anything would look good on you.
This week we are promoting several of our favourite statement necklaces from our boutique. Use promo code "cocochaneloncesaid" to get 20% off of these items. Promotion ends February 3rd.
From top left corner, clockwise they are:
Be There or Be Square Necklace. Shop here.
Love Me Till My Heart Stops Necklace. Shop here.
The Great Gatsby Necklace. Shop here.
The Greatest Love of All Necklace. Shop here.
The Best Revenge Necklace. Shop here.
Postcards from My Heart Necklace. Shop here.